Last of the Monster Kids

Last of the Monster Kids
"LAST OF THE MONSTER KIDS" - Available Now on the Amazon Kindle Marketplace!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bangers n' Mash 58: Our Favorite Things

Feels like it's been a while, doesn't it? I don't know why but I'm always takes a month or so for the Bangers n' Mash Show to get on its feet at the beginning of the year. Maybe I'm just burnt out from twelve months of working hard on the podcast? Maybe. Considering this is the start of our fourth year (!) of the show, you'd think I'd be over that. Yet here we are, halfway through February and already one episode behind schedule. ("Why not just declare January an one-episode month," the logical part of my brain screams. "No! That's cheating," the rest of me retorts.)

Would you believe that the episode below was recorded last month? And that it was supposed to be an easy-to-record, easy-to-edit episode that would make it out quickly? Okay, you probably do believe that. It's a different sort of episode for us. Mr. Mash and I made up lists of various horror-related, nerdy topics, finding five things that are favorites of our's in each category. Some of these topics are standard concepts, like favorite vampire or favorite robot. Other's are a bit weirder and nerdier, like favorite horror movie kill scene or favorite nineties toy line. All together, it makes for a fun, breezy hour, even if it didn't feel like that to edit.



As for the immediate future for the Bangers n' Mash Show, the next episode or so might be a little different. My co-host has experienced a family crisis that is currently making it difficult for him to record. So the next episode might find me with a special guest host or, more likely, going solo. To be continued on that, as updates are still forthcoming. Either way, you'll hear from one of us again soon.

1 comment:

whitsbrain said...

I really enjoyed this episode. I tried to make up my own list using your categories and it gave me a headache. Fun things shouldn't give you headaches. Maybe I'll try again later.